Linden Farm is a supported living development for ten young autistic adults with high support needs. Designed by Haverstock, the farm provides tenants with a home environment, whilst enabling the assistance of supported living care.
The ten homes are split into three typologies; there are five individual cottages, a two person and a three person shared cottage.
In the wider site, there is an activity centre with sensory and therapy provision, an activity room and staff areas.
The development has gone on to win the prestigious Selwyn Goldsmith Award for Universal Design and has been shortlisted for several others:
- Civic Trust Awards Regional Finalist
- Shortlisted Design in Mental Health Awards, Project of the Year New Build Category, 2021
- Honourable Mention at the International Union of Architects Friendly and Inclusive Spaces Awards, 2021
- Shortlisted for the SPACES Yearbook, 2021
- Shortlisted for RIBA Regional Award, 2020
- Shortlisted for Structural Timber Awards, Healthcare Project of the Year Category, 2020
- Shortlisted for Offsite Award, Healthcare Project of the Year Category, 2020
Goddard Consulting were the appointed Principal Designer Advisers for the project, which completed in 2020.