Situated in a developed landscape on the outskirts of Guildford Town, Guildford Crematorium is currently undergoing a £10 million transformation project.
Established in 1965, the existing building required an extensive update to accommodate the c.1800 cremations that take place every year.
The project will ensure a number of improvements to facilities including an enlarged waiting room, widened public and vehicular access, expanded Gardens of Remembrance and a new Remembrance Courtyard. The car park has also doubled its capacity to accommodate up to 120 cars and the new flexible chapel will accommodate up to 200 mourners. Works commenced in May 2018 and are due to complete in March 2020.
Client Guildford Borough Council
Project Manager Press & Starkey
Principal Designer Haverstock
Structural Engineer Elliott Wood
Services Designer RHP Partnership LLP
Principal Contractor Buxton Building Contractors Limited